How to Create Bundles in Minecraft 1.20 (2022 Guide)
Imagine traveling the world of Minecraft and finding rare items like diamonds only to realize you have no space in your inventory to store them. Now you can either leave them in a temporary chest and hope they’ll still be there when you return. Or, you can discard other valuable items to store even rarer items. However, neither of these situations seems correct. Fortunately, you will soon no longer have to compromise. With the upcoming Minecraft 1.20 update, the developers might be looking to add the long teased bundles to the game. So you need to learn how to create bundles in Minecraft, and then you can easily expand your storage space.
How to Create Bundles in Minecraft (2022)
To note: Currently, bundles are only available as an exclusive experimental feature in Minecraft 1.20 Java Snapshots. Their mechanics are subject to change upon the release of Bedrock and subsequent stages of development.
What is a bundle in Minecraft
Bundles are an upcoming storage item in Minecraft that allows you to save space in your inventory. They are like storage pouches to carry small but valuable items with you. With each lot in your inventory, you will get until sixty-four cluster storage cells or one stack storage location. The lot’s storage capacity changes depending on the item you store in it. Let me explain.
How Minecraft Packs Work
A bundle expands your inventory storage by adding multiple stackable slots for stackable items and a new single slot for non-stackable items. Let’s understand it with an example.
- Non-stackable item: If you put a single non-stackable item like a potion bottle, weapon, and tool in a bundle, you can’t put anything else there.
- Stackable item: In Minecraft, a stack refers to how much of an item you can group together in the same storage slot. Items like building blocks can be stacked in a group of 64. Meanwhile, other items like ender pearls form a group of 16 items. So you can place a full stack of the same item in a package.
- Different stackable items: If you are not putting an entire stack of the same item in a bundle, you can also put different amounts of separate items into it. They will take up space depending on their stackability. Here are some examples to help you understand how it works:
- If you put 8 Ender beads (which are stacked in a group of 16), 50% of the surface of the deck is filled. Now you can only put 32 sticks (50% of the stack of 64 sticks) in this bundle.
- Second, if you have a bunch of items and they all stack up in groups of 64, you can put a total of 64 items in the bundle. Regardless of the number of copies of this item in this bundle, each item will count as one.
- Finally, if the bundle stores a non-stackable item like a pickaxe, it cannot store any other item, stackable or not.
Enable Bundle Datapack in Java Edition
To create bundles in Minecraft, you must first make sure they are in your game. Currently, bundles are only part of an experimental Minecraft Java snapshot as a data pack. Follow the steps below on how to enable it:
1. First, open Minecraft Launcher and enable snapshots in the “Installations” tab of the Java edition.
2. Next, go back to the “Play” tab of the launcher and select the “Last Snapshot” in the version drop-down list. After that click on the “Play button to launch Minecraft.
3. Once the game is launched, click on the Single player button on the home screen.
4. Next, click on the “Create a new world” button located at the bottom of the world menu.
5. In the world settings, set the mode to “creative” for your ease, and click on the “Data packages” button.
6. In the data packs section, click on the data package “bundle” to move it to the “Selected” area and activate it in your world. You can also activate the other data pack if you want other upcoming features like camels in Minecraft.
So now your newly created world will have bundles enabled by default. Keep reading to learn how to create bundles and use them in Minecraft.
Items you need to create a bundle
You need to collect the following items to create a bundle in Minecraft:
The most reliable way to get strings is to kill spiders and cave spiders that breed in dark areas. Alternatively, you can also kill walkers and cats, as they sometimes drop ropes. But if you want to play passively, you can get chains by breaking cobwebs that appear in various places around the world.
Meanwhile, Rabbit Hide is most often obtained by killing Rabbits which usually spawn in the Desert, Snow, and Taiga biomes. Not to mention, you can also tame a cat in Minecraft, and if you’re really lucky, get a rabbit skin as a gift from the cat.
Minecraft Packs: Crafting Recipe
Once you’ve collected the items, follow these steps to create a bundle in Minecraft:
1. First of all, place a rabbit skin in each cell of the lowest row in the manufacturing area.
2. Next, place a string in each corner of the highest row in the manufacturing area.
3. Finally, except the middle cell of the middle row, fill in all the remaining cells with rabbit skin. And with that, your bundle is now ready to use in Minecraft.
How to Use Bundles in Minecraft
Bundles do not work like chests or player inventory. You must use them as manual items. Follow these steps to understand how it works.
1. First, make sure you have a empty packet in your inventory. It is represented by a packet icon with an open mouth.
2. Now, left click to keep this set in inventory. It will then move next to your cursor.
3. Finally, hover over the item you want to put in the bundle and then right-click on it. Selected items will be stored in this batch following the storage mechanisms mentioned above.
And if you want to take out the items, you just need to pick up the lot and right-click in the empty slots. The item that was chosen last will come out first, following a stack order.
Create and use bundles in Minecraft 1.20
Minecraft storage and inventory are finally getting a long-awaited update, and it’s better than you can imagine. Previously unveiled packs are coming to the game to change your storage choices forever. But these are just one of many new features to come. You can also get camels in Minecraft to expand your game’s monster selection with a new animal to ride. As for other items, the developers have introduced bamboo wood in Minecraft to expand the item library. That said, how are you going to use bundles (storage pouches) in Minecraft? Tell us in the comments below!