Java Developer (remote) at Datafin Recruitment
A custom software solutions provider is seeking the coding talents of a Java Developer to join their global team. Your primary role will be to design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems, assisting in the preparation and production of software releases and investing in alternatives and technologies and presenting them for review architectural. You will need 2+ years of professional experience in a similar role, Java 8 or higher, frameworks such as Play and Spring, NoSQL, Linux, Mercurial or Git and experience with various web services architectures, putting the focus on REST.
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems that deliver high availability and performance.
- Create well-designed, testable, and efficient code.
- Participate in all phases of the development cycle.
- Assist in the preparation and production of software component releases.
- Ensure designs conform to specifications.
- Investigate alternatives and technologies and present them for architectural review, to support continuous improvement.
Company technology stack:
- 2+ years of work experience in a Java developer position
- Software Engineering: Able to design software solutions with clean code and SOLID principles.
- Ability to communicate (both verbally and in writing) with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Java 8 or higher.
- Java web frameworks (e.g. Play, Spring).
- Relational and/or NOSQL datastores.
- Experience with various web services architectures, with emphasis on REST.
- Have worked in an Agile team as a Developer.
- Distributed version control – Mercurial or Git.
Although we would really like to respond to every application, if you are not contacted for this position within 10 working days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for a job, make sure you meet the minimum job requirements. OnlySouth African citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not at the stated location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all job applications and correspondence. Please email a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the works. We have a job listing on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Jobs in Cape Town.
Find out more/Apply to this position