NewsTree News | Sr. Manager Software Engineering – Java, Cloud
Job Title: Senior Software Engineering Manager – Java, Cloud – Hyderabad, TG
Company: UnitedHealth Group
job description: Combine two of the fastest growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and you get it. Cutting-edge technology in an industry that improves the lives of millions of people. Innovation here is not just another gimmick, it’s about making health data available where and when people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. Join us and start doing the best job of your life. (Sm)
The roles of the software engineering function will cover all major development activities in all technology functions that ensure that we deliver high quality code for our applications, products and services and to understand customer needs. These roles include, but are not limited to, analysis, design, coding, engineering, testing, debugging, standards, methods, tool analysis, documentation, research and development. , maintenance, new developments, operations and delivery.
Our mission depends on hiring the best and the brightest. We need high achievers and risk takers with curious minds who have compassion for the world around them. From a role perspective, we are looking for candidates who are passionate about technology and problem solving, anticipating future capabilities with the ability to apply cutting edge technology in new and innovative ways.
CDSM Value Proposition – Capture the most complete clinical picture of UHC members to enable point-of-care clinical decisions, reduce total cost of care, improve clinical intervention and quality of care that lead to better clinical outcomes. better health outcomes by advancing data liquidity and timely two-way sharing of clinical health data
DXP – focuses on the acquisition, ingestion, validation, pre-processing and operational monitoring of clinical data from vendors, laboratories, EMRs and other bidders for value-based initiatives. It also takes care of the management of shippers and the follow-up of HEDIS audits.
IRIS – data platform that focuses on aggregation, transformation, enrichment and distribution of clinical data with an extensible FHIR repository and comprehensive REST APIs for various downstream applications to extract value from clinical data
EISL (EMR Integration Services Layer (Platform)) – supports a large number of two-way data exchange business use cases. It is a set of UHG services and products orchestrated in a way that summarizes and simplifies the variability of EHR integration. EISL leverages industry data standards such as HL7 as well as open API standards such as FHIR. It supports more than just EHR integration. It integrates other clinical data sources such as HIEs, hospitals and third party vendors.
Reporting – provides multiple internal and market-oriented dashboards that provide E2E visibility of file processing statuses as well as detailed member reports and gap close reports that provide actionable insights to our internal and external users , to know the status, quantity and quality of submissions.
- Manage software engineering teams of size 30 to 50
- Build solutions for a given business problem by understanding various business tools and technologies
- Examine the code and design on various aspects such as extensibility, scalability, security, design patterns, etc., and ensure that all relevant best practices are followed
- Collaborate with stakeholders, companies, partner solution architects and technical architects to ensure the solution is accurate to deliver results to the customer and technologically reliable
- Lead others to technical achievement, collaborative efforts of the project team, and achievement of important project goals
- Independent communication with business partners to resolve design issues and negotiate project-related elements such as priorities and completion deadlines
- Improve existing products and create new offers using the latest technology
- Build and lead a product development team to deliver projects that meet business goals and solve critical user issues
- Work closely with key leaders to develop strategic projects, plans and processes, streamline decision making, and develop and manage an engineering team
- Act as a technical leader in internal / external teams, including management of code reviews, post-project analysis and clearly articulate throughout the duration of the projects what is important for the success of the project and focus on the few critical elements and priorities for improvement
- Provide leadership in planning, recruiting and managing part of a world-class technology, product development and application engineering team delivering a portfolio of world-class enterprise solutions and delivering accreditation services
- Drive results through proactive collaboration across organizational boundaries and ensure end-to-end execution that is most effective for the right stakeholders
- Comply with the terms and conditions of the employment contract, company policies and procedures, and all guidelines (such as, but not limited to, transfer and / or reassignment to different work locations, change shift and / or shifts, policies regarding flexibility of benefits and / or work environment, other working arrangements and other decisions that may arise due to changing work conditions. business environment). The Company may adopt, modify or cancel these policies and guidelines in its sole discretion and without any limitation (implied or otherwise) on its ability to do so.
To apply for an internal job, employees must meet the following criteria:
- At least 18 months in the current position
- Not on Active CAP at the time of IJP request
- Designated employees currently on G-29 and G-28 can apply for this position
- Employees should notify their current manager before applying for the IJP
- The last joint assessment should be Meet Expectations or Exceed Expectations
- Employee should not have taken advantage of the Onshore opportunity in the past 6 months
- Experience leading multidisciplinary development teams (software development / QA)
- Experience in providing technology products / services in a high growth environment
- Significant hands-on experience in fine-grained services architecture and development using modern Java EE frameworks (Spring Boot / Spring Cloud / micro services / Streaming)
- Significant practical experience in the architecture and development of fine-grained services using BigData technologies (Spark / Hive / NO SQL / Streaming)
- Demonstrated experience as a strong technical leader who can prioritize, communicate clearly and influence cross-functional teams
- Proven track record in developing 12-factor applications and experience in cloud architecture
- Strong architectural understanding of large scale and highly distributed and highly available applications, containers and microservices
- Active adherence to engineering best practices including unit testing, test-driven development (TDD), continuous integration / continuous delivery (CI / CD), pair programming, automated testing and reviews code
- Understand and communicate new product and solution requirements to the solution development and management team
- Proficiency in one or more relational and non-relational database technologies such as MS SQL, PostgreSQL and MongoDB
- Strong attention to detail and proven ability to simultaneously manage multiple competing priorities
- Proven track record of ownership and results achievement
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a global team with a positive team spirit
- Experience in the field of health
- Experience in defining and implementing hybrid scenarios with shared workloads on-premises and in the public cloud using a zero-trust approach
- Experience with container orchestration tools such as Kubernetes, OpenShift and enabling logging / monitoring solutions for these tools.
- Performance tuning of hybrid cloud applications for better performance
- Exposing to ETL tools and technologies
- Experience with a public cloud environment like AWS or AZURE or GCP
We highly appreciate these traits!
- Be customer centric
- Understanding business
- Create successful teams
- Manage talents by constantly improving technical and functional skills
- Ensuring results
- Invest in the acquisition, assessment and deployment of talent
- Possess decision-making skills
- Believes in promoting innovation
Careers with Optum. Here is the idea. We have built an entire organization around a giant goal; make the health care system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the vast accumulation of health information in the world, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmaceutical benefits for millions of people, our first goal is to move beyond the status quo and discover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, brings together some of the greatest minds and the most advanced ideas on the direction healthcare needs to take to reach its full potential. For you, that means working in high-performing teams in the face of complex challenges that matter. Optum, amazing ideas in an amazing company and a unique opportunity to do the best job of your life. (Sm)
Job Keywords: Senior Manager Software Engineering, Software Engineering, Software Engineer, Manager Software Engineering, Java, Bigdata, Cloud, Devops, Java-Microservices, Springboot, Kafka Streaming, Bigdata-Hive, Hbase, Spark, Architecture, Devops, Kubernetes, Docker, Cloud, CICD, NOSQL, Hyderabad, Telangana, TG
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana
Date of employment: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 22:47:43 GMT