Tips for Better Heart Health Does hydration play a major role in keeping your cholesterol levels normal? Some tips for better heart health
Does hydration play a major role in keeping your cholesterol levels normal? Some Tips for Better Heart Health Photo credit: Pixabay & nbsp
- Maintaining a healthy heart is important to maintaining a smooth and efficient lifestyle
- Water regulates and nourishes the body, as well as working as fuel for the same
- Here’s how staying hydrated can help you maintain a healthy heart
New Delhi: Water is of the utmost importance in our daily life. Rightly so, providing the body with the nourishment it needs is essential. The heart is an important organ in the human body. Any damage to it can lead to several other health issues that lead to disruption of daily life. One of the most common reasons for heart problems is unhealthy cholesterol levels. Did you know that dehydration can increase the risk of developing cardiovascular disease? Here’s what you need to find out how dehydration can lead to increased cholesterol levels in the body.
The relationship between hydration and cholesterol levels:
It can happen to most of us as a confusion as to whether or not the hydration level of the body affects the cholesterol levels of it. To better understand this, we must first understand what cholesterol is. Cholesterol in the human body is divided into two categories. The first in the category is called LDL or low density lipoprotein. It is also known as “bad” cholesterol. The second in the category is called HDL or high density lipoprotein. It is also known as “good” cholesterol.
According to a study titled “ Dehydration during fasting increases serum lipids and lipoproteins ” by Campbell NR, Wickert W, Magner P, Shumak SL, published in Clinical and Investigative Medicine, it was found that dehydration can lead to increased cholesterol levels in the body. Therefore, we can conclude that the relationship between hydration and cholesterol level in the body is directly proportional.
It is necessary to ensure generous water intake to avoid an unhealthy rise in cholesterol levels. This will lead to the deposition of fat in the blood vessels, which will disrupt the flow of blood through them. High levels of cholesterol in the body can lead to an increased risk of developing cardiovascular disease.
Tips for maintaining a healthy heart:
- Get a good night’s sleep every night and make sure your body is well rested.
- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
- Maintain a healthy and balanced diet. This means consuming essential nutrients and avoiding excess sugar in your diet.
- Try to maintain a healthy weight.
- Physical inactivity can lead to an increase in Irish people to develop cardiovascular disease, stroke and obesity. To avoid this, be sure to exercise regularly and keep your body physically mobile.
Disclaimer: The tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are provided for informational purposes only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or dietitian before starting a fitness program or making any changes to your diet.